sexta-feira, 30 de abril de 2010

Personal Letter

Prontinho, terminei de traduzir a carta!!! Vou colocar aqui e quero opiniões haiuahiuaohi :D

Dear Host Family,

My name is Thamara and I’m 18 years old. I live in Tubarão, there are about 100 thousand inhabitants in this city, and it is near wonderful beaches that are the main tourist attraction of Santa Catarina State, but I was born in Porto Alegre, capital of Rio Grande do Sul State.
I have two siblings, João Vitor, he’s 12 years old and lives with my parents and I, and Bruna, she’s 23 years old and lives in San Diego, California in The United States. I also have a gorgeous nephew, called Diego, who is 2 years old who spent two months last year here. I enjoyed this time a lot of with him, I love and miss him so much!! During this time when he was here I took care of him. My dad, Marco, is a physical trainer and at the moment he is working like that on the indoor soccer team of Unisul University. My mom, Marcia, is dedicated to take care of us. My relationship with my parents is excellent, we love to spend time together, travel. My brother and I are really close, we always play soccer and play. I have a dog too, Mili, that is a part of our family.
I decided I would like to know The United States and improve my English. I researched some programs and I thought Au pair exchange program would be ideal to me, since I have always liked children and always got along well with them. I started to dedicate myself to taking care of children because I wanted to acquire more experience and have a better training for such activity. I took care of a boy who is the son of a couple who is friends with my parents, called Pedro. He is 2 years old and we have always got along very well. We used to play together, I used to take him to the park and he loved when I read stories for him! I got a volunteer job at a day care and there I could learn how to take care and how to play with children of varying ages.
In the morning, the class was mixed, with children of different ages, between 1 and 6 years. In the afternoon, in the beginning, I used to stay in a room of 3 and 4 year-olds, this class was called Infantil I. There I helped them with their activities, told them stories and played and took care of them while they were in the playground. After I started to work in the nursery. There, there were babies between 1 and 1 year and a half and there was a little girl who was 6 months old. Soon after I started in the nursery, I notice that all the children crawl or walked and the little girl only moved her little arms and legs, in a short time she was already dragging herself through the room, then she was crawling, and after, on vacation, I met her and she was walking! It’s so good to see them growing up and evolving! Some learning new words, others start walking. I read stories, showed them the animals through muppets and pictures on books, I sang songs, I prepared and gave them formula and food, I put them to sleep, I took care and played with them at the playground and changed diapers.
When I was at the daycare a mom asked me to take care of her daughter, Maria Luiza, who is 3 years old, at night, three times a week when they were out. We used to paint together, play with play doh, dance, play with a little farm, and since it was at night we didn’t do outdoor activities, but we went sometimes to the mall and to the supermarket with her mother and while she was shopping, Maria Luiza and I walked around. I used to give her bath, dinner, prepare her formula, brush her teeth, and I helped her with her homework and put her to sleep. After vacation I visited her and she received me with a hug and said that she missed me, and told her mother ‘mom, you can go to work and I’ll stay with aunt Thamara’ that’s the greatest reward. Many times children cry, disobey and it is in these moments in which they hug us sincerely that we understand why we are there, because we can overcome the tough moments and move on. We can learn a lot with children, we can learn to value the small things, seeing how they can to be happy and satisfied with things that could pass unnoticed. It is because all these that I like to work with kids and I saw in this opportunity to be an Au Pair the ideal chance for that.
After I come back from this important experience, I will take the university entrance exam to join Med School and as soon as I’m graduated I’ll get involved in social projects so that I can help people and, specially, underprivileged children. For now I intend, after I graduate, to specialize in genetics and neuroscience, dedicating myself to researches with the goal to find more efficient treatments and even the cure for many diseases.
I can hardly wait to know more about you, be sure that I will take good care of your children as if they were mine, I know they need a lot of care, dedication and attention to grow up happy and become great adults.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,
Thamara Gershenson de Freitas


Pleaseeee, me digam o que acharam!
Beijinhoss

Um comentário:

  1. Tha,
    Eu achei a sua cartinha ótima!!! De verdade!
    Maasss, eu só mudaria uma coisinha...
    Eu não colocaria que não há muitas coisas pra fazer em termos culturais pra fazer na sua cidade e que o lugar mais próximo com programas culturais é há 200km.
    Os gringos já acham que a gente anda com macaco no meio da rua, se vc coloca que vive em um lugar com pouca atividade cultural, você corre o risco de parecer inculta e que seu meio de transporte é um cipó, rs. Estilo Tarzan e Jane, sabe?
    E o Au Pair é um programa cultural, eles querem que os filhos deles tenham acesso a outras culturas. Senão, eles contratariam nannies americanas.
    Eu entendi bem o que vc quis dizer. Mas nosso app é tudo o que nós temos pra causar uma boa primeira impressão. Então eu acho que essa parte das atividades culturais, vc pode explicar pra family numa conversa, preferencialmente depois do match, rs.
    Minha opnião...
    Bjusss
    P.S. Te passei meu MSN pelo twitter... É mais fácil pra conversar.

    ResponderExcluir